Data entry can be time consuming work. Navision allows some shortcut data entry keys that can speed up the data entry process.
- type t to enter today's date in a date field.
- type mon (or equivalent) to populate the date field with the day of the week
- type y to enter the date range of the year when entering a date filter
- set the Work Date in Nav by clicking Tools, Work Date and entering the date you wish to use. Now siply enter w to populate the date field with that date.
Other shortcut keys
- F8 will copy the data into one cell with the data in the cell above
- Crtl+F8 will open the Zoom window and show each field in that table and the value for the record you are working on
- Shift+F8 will open the Sort window which will allow you to resort the data you are working on
- Ctrl + W allows you to automatically send the data you are viewing on the Navision screen to Microsoft Word
- Ctrl + E allows you to automatically send the data you are viewing on the Navision screen to Microsoft Excel